The Carpenter owns the jobsite and conduction of smooth workflow at a speed that quality and safety allow.
- Understanding the full scope of work, design layouts and blueprints, and are required to strictly follow the design plan.
- Keep vehicle trips to a minimum through daily loading and organizing of van to include the tools necessary for the project at hand.
- Verification of materials quantities and placing lumber or other materials orders as needed.
- Demolition of old structural components to be remodeled and remove the debris from the construction site.
- Perform all wooden constructions, including framing, window and door installation, siding installation, finish carpentry, among other carpentry related tasks.
- Handling the carpentry tools and using them safely and appropriately wherever they are required.
- Work as per the project manager’s direction so as to meet stipulated deadlines and quality levels of the work.
- Interacting with clients in a positive, supportive manner.
- Attend inspections conducted by the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Cleaning and systematically arranging things in the work area, after the construction or repair work is complete.
- Responsible for the safe storage and protection of all materials on the jobsite or at the shop.
- Maintain daily progress reports, time sheets and other necessary information in their work registers.
- Site cleanup at the end of a project, including return of excess materials to Parr lumber or other suppliers.
- Report fully on all hours spent on a project and have an understanding of hours budgeted vs. hours spent.
- Participate in the team’s development of Standard Operating Procedures and Checklists to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Fully utilize your annual continuing education budget to increase knowledge and effectiveness of being a carpenter, and to pursue career advancement.
- Tasks primarily involve woodworking and some work with insulation, sheetrock, roofing, waterproofing materials and concrete.
Ideal candidates will:
- Focus on safety first.
- Center on a high quality, detailed end-result.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and make progress on a task independently as well as with a team.
- Pursue knowledge on the safe and accurate operation of key power tools such as circular saws, reciprocating saws, air nailers and drill drivers (among other tools).
- Be comfortable working at heights—on ladders and roofs—while following proper OSHA safety regulations.
- Be effective working in all weather conditions.
- Work with a team while communicating effectively and supporting the operations of a job site with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Support clients and subcontractor partners to achieve what the client desires in their home.
- Be professionally presentable at all times wearing clean and well-kept company uniformat all times.
- Treat a client’s home as if it were your grandmother’s house, behaving professionally, refraining from smoking/vaping and swearing in and around a client’s home.
- 3 to 5 years of carpentry experience.
- Can physically lift 50 lbs or more.
- A high-school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Proficient with basic Math—algebra and geometry a must, with the ability to read a measuring tape and communicate measurements effectively.
- Legal to work in the United States.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation to access jobsites in a wide swath of the Portland Metro Area and Yamhill County.
- Understands key safety equipment and utilizes such equipment at all times required: examples include eye, ear and respiratory protection, fall gear, gloves, etc.
- Able to pass a drug screening.
- Competitive Hourly wage depending on experience, plus performance bonuses for key success criteria met each quarter.
- Mileage re-imbursement for jobs outside of a reasonable commuting distance.
- We provide all tools necessary to complete tasks.
- Other benefits commensurate to experience and achievement of key goals.
Please send resume with cover email expressing how you are the best candidate to email@example.com